Another map being redone from scratch for the next release.
New features and bugfixes:
- The highlight of this release are the 7 all-new dungeon maps plus a greatly extended one, replacing old third party maps. They introduce new 3D features to SE, including levers and wheels, as well as swimmable water and advanced lighting and shadows.
- Aldir’s Cave
- Hedyntin Cave
- Hedyntin Citadel
- Nisisil Catacombs
- Nisisil Cloister
- Nisisil Sanctum
- Pyramid of Krylu (now with a Sphinx)
- Ruins of Nisisil
- Other changes:
- Ladders are now scaled in a more realistic manner
- There is no need to hit the use key to open doors, just walk towards them
- Further new music tracks have been added
- Fixed a number of reported bugs
This video shows off more of the architecture and technology in all-new or greatly enhanced maps coming in the next release, including 3D switches, advanced shadows & lighting as well as a complex system that requires opening various water tanks to raise the water level in the basin, making it overflow to open up a new area. Available now on YouTube.
Work in progress: Nisisil Catacombs (now an integral part of the hub flow). This map is an experiment in using no sector lighting at all. Anything other than pitch dark is created by dynamic light sources.
Work in progress: Nisisil Cloister (replaces Crucible as the end boss map).
I’ve also been trying some ideas to make columns destructible and/or the roof to collapse, if I get it right I’ll make another video showcasing it.