Progress is far from what I'd wish for... except for you, not many have been working. Camper has been working on a special errand for me:
There are now about 40 or so special wall and floor textures made for Korax plus the dozens I imported from Heretic (and modified most of them), plus there are yet dozens to come from Heretic, Heretic II and Hexen II and that means I needed 2 things:
- a system that doesn't limit the amount of textures to that in Hexen (currently, all textures used are replacements for some existing ones I didn't use in the town), but allows for hundreds of new textures along with keeping all old ones
- a way for me to see these textures in the map editor I'm using (WadAuthor)
Most of the work seems to be finished, but it might still take some time.
Also, Sylon has been creating textures for the RPG.
That means you're actually the only one who's working on Korax Mod II itself at this moment. Scary, eh? Don't worry, the mod is actually 90% ready... Camper did a lot of fixing for multiplayer that's been released as 1.1 patch but also builds the base of 2.0, the version you've been expanding upon. Also, I'll have to do some stuff for KMOD2, like building the shop map, creating the help screens, writing a new manual and credits page, and some stuff on the homepage itself. I estimate I'll finish my part easily in a week once I start with it, so KMOD2's release date depends basically on you. But you're mostly set and ready as well. Let me summarize what exactly will be the difference between KMOD and KMOD2:
- multiplayer deathmatch and cooperative fixes (done by Camper already)
- new fighter ability, the berserker mode, along with SP handling (done by you, dunno to what %)
- new spells for Mage and Cleric (mostly dones as well, dunno what you still need to fix)
- shopping system (theoretically, it's been coded months ago by Camper, gotta check with him)
- monsters dropping treasure in some cases (dunno whether you already did that)
- all the supplemental stuff I'll have to do and is listed toward the beginning of this post
- if I forgot something, you better add it now or it might not make it into KMOD2
Oh yes, the summoning spell should be given the mage instead of his farm animal spell. This way, each of the 3 classes will get 1 extra spell compared to KMOD.
As for how to access the shop level, I was first thinking about automatically going there once you exit a hub. Before you would go to the new hub, you first arrive into the shop level to spend your hard-earned (stolen) money... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Another possibility would be that once you activate a Wings of Wrath, you get automatically transported to the shop and the Wings are taken away. This has the advantage that you're somewhat more spontaneous about when go shopping, but you still couldn't go before completing the main bulk of a hub. The disadvantage is that you can't fly any more (oh, that would be a REAL problem in the case of the Death Wyvern).
Why such strange ways to access it? I want to keep the download size of Korax mod as small as possible, ie. around a meg for KMOD2. And reworking maps to accomodate new features makes download way larger and I don't want that.
p.s. KMOD2 will look in some ways rather spectacular so I think I'll take the time and create a trailer movie for it... it'll be time anyway, the last trailer movie about Korax' Heritage dates back to last summer and has been taken down from the Korax page somewhen early 2001 as it simply didn't make sense any more, showing only a couple of not-that-cool engine features like the bridge and the pushable chairs from version 0.03. Time to make a trailer that shows some nifty spells in the middle of heavy combat.
Damn, it'll take a LONG time to edit that video, I'm going to create it on the only 133 MHz MMX desktop of history... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]