Since unlike everyone else on the team Moose is working on KMOD 3.0, here a separate todo list for him:
- context help screens: when in a shop map, F1 brings up the price list, when in the game in any normal map F1 brings up the weapons and spells of the character class you are currently playing, when not in a game F1 brings up an info screen with some KMOD basics. When in the Status Update screen, F1 brings up an explanation of attributes and stuff. If possible, F1 should bring up a special screen when you are about to generate your character at the start of a game (not sure this one would work). If there are any other special places, then a screen too. Once done, I need a list of what screens I should make.
- journal should display automap when going to the map register, but leave the left navbar intact (not sure this is possible, if not then the map won't be in the journal)
- spellbook for the mage and the cleric: it should work the same way the journal does, i.e. you can navigate between categories and then pick a spell from a category and cast it
- new spells, the keyword here is the simpler the better - for starters, you can make several different versions of the same spell, like smaller healing and greater healing, the first being the one we already have, the second being one that always restores full health no matter what, and takes away a lot of Spiritual Power.
- if it can be done in a relatively easy manner, implementation of quests. An NPC in a shop would give you quests, mostly to bring him an item from the coming episode (inventory items like a cogwheel or the Heart of D'Sparil or a Flame Mask or whatever) and you'd get tons of experience for giving this item to the NPC (because the game saves only one hub at a time, it might be tricky - though it could be done I guess by defining the shop map after a hub to be part of that hub)
- a new menu option before starting a game, adjusting the speed by which you level up, this is to make it possible to play single maps and small hubs too and still have access to higher level stuff. It should have the options 25%, 50%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%, 500% and 1000%, where 100% is the normal speed, which means LVL 12 or so by the end of Hexen. This adjuster simply multiplies the EXP you get for killing a monster with this number, i.e. from quartering it to multiplying it with 10 you have the full range. I think a tenfold multiplier suffices even for single maps, and a 3-5x multiplier should be optimal for single hubs.
- SDK for KMOD 3.0: I guess it's basically the Wadauthor config file and a doc that explains how to make shops and add the other special stuff. Or is there more than can be easily adjusted by someone who wants to make new maps and hubs for KMOD 3?