Ok I'm moving along with KMod3 development, so I'm putting this together.
[quote="Ramborc":y1n8p0ut]- original SE engine (based on the KMOD 2 engine, but with Janis' enhancements like higher resolution)
- NPCs and NPC interaction (conversations, maybe even quests)
- journal and spellbook
- context-based help screens (e.g. in shops you get the item index, it depends on your character class what you see in-game)
- new attribute system (5 instead of 3)
- new weapons/spells (maybe not much)
- enhanced coop mode (heal/mana creation/etc. spells now with area of effect)
- better support for custom maps (like the ability to set leveling-up rate before starting a game, from 50% to 500% or so)
- a couple of freeely reusable hubs (like chuxen) enhanced for KMOD 3 (setting custom level up rate, adding/removing some goodies, adding a shop to the main map)
- some kind of "SDK", containing documentation on how to add KMOD features (like a shop) to your custom map, a WadAuthor config file, and more
And for the artists I have a few requests, (although do the stuff for KMod2.x first):
-Mago could you do the rest of those Journal images you were doing, maybe images for the spell book too.
-If somone else could make me a new font (FireBrand I believe) used a blue one in his ideas for the spellbook (which I like).
-We'll also need a spell book backround (I'm currently using the 'HELP1' from scatteredevil.wad so possibly base it round that).
Ramborc - What catagorys of spell do you want? At the moment I have it as 'offensive', 'defensive' and 'misc'. And what spells go in what catagory?
And I take it you want this to be class based so you only see your spells.