Been playing with the new 2.8 version, and it's certainly improved since I last played it (that selling feature is particularly good). I have made the following observations:
1. The sound volume slider doesn't work. (only the Windows one does)
2. The cleric spells are not the 1st-4th, but 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th (should've noticed that last time, but I forgot. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it can be annoying if you don't know about it)
3. Sometimes when a fire imp dies, you get a random sprite image instead of the normal death sprites - usually the fighter's fist punching, but occasionally a side sprite of the cleric boss (OpenGL mode).
4. I've occasionally gotten WCache_LumpNum (numlumps) crashes in some maps. Seems to happen at random, but not very often.
5. The charred bodies left by a fire death are solid - leading to the stoppage of projectiles (if lower than the body) and the blockage of routes (as I found in the cave map).
6. They also leave no chance of dropping silver/gold (don't know if that's intentional or not).
Of course I don't know if any of the bugs are system-related or not, but the solid body feature can lead to problems with gameplay.
Anyway, keep up the good work, it's the definitive way to play Hexen!