Below a screenshot of step 6 of 7 from the new character creation process. Some of the new steps were added for new RPG features I’ll post more info about in the coming days.
This video shows 40 minutes of unedited footage from the latest 1.4 release, starting the game with the mage (played on the easiest difficulty so not a lot of monsters). Available now on YouTube.
New features and bugfixes:
- New sounds:
- The lonely male voice actor with the half dozen soundbites got some major help with 20 additional voice actors and hundreds of new soundbites. Now not every guy in Charybdea sounds the same.
- New music tracks, including the remix of a Raven original and more variety for the travel map.
- New maps:
- This release removes all old third party dungeon maps. New features include walking on tightropes, moving objects in 3 dimensions to solve puzzles and exotic environments including floating rocks and really big statues.
- All-new dungeons:
- Donas Monument
- Iarmusc Dungeons
- Lernal Cave
- The Excavation
- Thryas Reservoir
- Yerdel Cave
- Visual improvements:
- A few important NPCs now have custom sprites. This also allowed us to further “zoom in” on their faces during a conversation.
- The quality of a number of commonly used textures has been improved.
- New glass effect allowing for more realistic mirrors and vitrines.
- Gameplay improvements:
- The travel map now only uses the four primary directions so there is no more need to try and press two arrow keys at the same time.
- The full screen HUD now shows the most relevant information neatly grouped into a corner of the screen.
- Other changes:
- Extensive attribution list included. Let us know if there is anything missing or in need of correction.
- Fixed a number of reported bugs.
- Added default bindings for pausing the game (F5) and zooming in/out (Z).
The current focus is on replacing the remaining third party maps like Iarmusc Dungeons:
Other things being worked on include improvements to a number of models and textures as well as adding a large number of new NPC voices. We are also looking into a major new feature for character interaction, more on this once it’s confirmed to work.